Are You at Risk?
1) Are you over 65?
2) Has either of your parents broken a hip after a minor fall?
3) Have you broken a bone after a minor bump or fall?
4) Have you taken glucocorticoid pills (cortisone, prednisone, etc.) for more than three months?
5) Are you a smoker?
6) Do you drink 3 or more alcoholic drinks on average per day?
7) Do you suffer from rheumatoid arthritis?
8) Do you have a medical condition (such as celiac disease or Crohn's disease) that inhibits absorption of nutrients?
9) Has a recent x-ray suggested you have low bone density or have had a vertebral fracture?
11) Have your periods stopped for several months or more (other than for pregnancy or menopause)?